Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Report on Aquariana 2007

Aquariana 2007 held at one of the campus building of Ghent University (Belgium) was quite a success. I did not manage to take quality photos, because I failed to take good shots, a lot of them were blurry and had glare effects. (I learned a lesson that I should prepare more on photography techniques). I will present the video collage in the next post.

Well, it seems like the event was managed professionally, as all the aquarium setup was nicely presented. The aquarium stand were not as much as I expected but they present enjoyable setups ranging from asian region aquarium, african, reptiles, even they present an aquarium simulating a mangrove environment.

Overall it was an enjoyable visit. This visit attracted a lot of Gentenaars (inhabitants of gents), young and old, hobbyist or not, they came to see, respect and enjoy the event.

For the aquarium fish presented, again I did not note down the species name, well some of them I know, like barbs, cichlids, rasbora, tetras. I really liked how they focused a lot on designing the aquascaping.

Overall (again), this show was worth the money (we had to pay 2.5 euro to get in).
Wait for the video collage on my next post!

Here are some photos I took. Please enjoy!



Mangrove aquascape with blue crab?

Rainbow fish

Again rainbow fish

half water half plants.. (Darn... I gotta learn to take better pics)




1 comments:

P said...

Try use natural lighting to capture the details of the tank or else used diffused lighting[in this case your flash - the can be bounced at 180 degrees to the tank so the the overall light intensity spreads].
www.teeshirts.in

Blog Widget by LinkWithin